Looking to switch up your on-the-go morning breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up snack? These healthy muffins are bursting with flavor and packed with a variety of nutrients so you don’t have to feel guilty when you grab a second one!
I love just about any kind of zucchini bread I’ve ever tried, and I get just as excited about baked goods with a serving of apples or carrots in them, too. Combining all three is like a recipe dream come true!
Plus, once they’re baked into the muffin, you can hardly see the pieces, so this is a great option for sneakily getting your kids (or significant other) to eat their fruits and veggies.
Carrot, Apple + Zucchini Muffins
Makes about 18 muffins / Recipe via Wine & Glue
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar or stevia
- 2 eggs (to make these vegan, substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour (I used a gluten free version)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded apple
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar and egg mixture. Note that the batter will be very thick!
- Fold in the carrot, apple, and zucchini.
- Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy! Store in an air-tight container.
These muffins are the perfect addition to your meal prepping, since they’ll keep for up to a week in a container in the fridge!
Happy baking, friends!