The Tuesdays that follow long holiday weekends are always the hardest. And even though it makes for a shorter week, don’t four day weeks always somehow feel the absolute longest?
There’s no better way to get motivated and set the stage for a good day than a solid breakfast and a generous helping (or three) of coffee.
And fortunately, especially if you’re short on time, this smoothie incorporates both!
Chocolate + Banana Coffee Smoothie
Serves 2 (makes about 24 oz.)
- 1 banana (a frozen one will give the smoothie a more milkshake-like consistency)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
- 1 handful rolled oats (optional)
- 1 scoop protein powder or Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup ice cubes (bonus points if they’re frozen coffee ice cubes!)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smoothie reaches desired consistency.
Pour and enjoy!
Cheers to a short week, friends. We can do it!