Smoothies are a favorite of mine all year round, but especially in the summer. It’s heating up quickly here in the Midwest, and nothing is more refreshing than a cold, fruity concoction on a hot summer day.
During the week, I usually go for a quick, no-fuss smoothie, tossing in a handful of mixed berries, banana, yogurt, and whatever else I’m feeling that day or have lying around. But sometimes it’s nice to mix things up and experiment with bolder, more specific flavors.
As I was surveying what frozen fruits we had on hand the other day, I noticed that, for some reason, we had not one, but two bags of frozen peaches, which we’ve neglected for quite awhile, so I went for it. Here’s what I came up with!
Easy Peach + Raspberry Smoothie
Makes two 12-oz smoothies (or one 24-oz)
- 1/2 cup water (or milk)
- 1/2 banana (preferably frozen, this gives the smoothie a creamier texture!)
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or mixed berries)
- Sweetener of choice (I used two pitted dates, but a few squirts of honey would be good, too!)
- A scoop of protein powder, chia seeds, or rolled oats (optional, but will help keep you fuller, longer)
- One heaping handful spinach or kale (also optional, but helps you sneak in a serving of those daily greens!)
- Add all of your ingredients into a blender (I usually add the liquid first) and blend until smooth. Add more water (or milk) one tablespoon at a time, if needed.
If you’re like me and prefer a smoothie bowl, top with raspberries, peaches, and coconut flakes!
That’s it! So simple and so sweet and so very peachy keen.
What are your favorite smoothie flavors to enjoy in the summer months?
Stay cool out there, friends!