Anyone that knows me knows that I’ll gladly take a Bloody Mary over just about any other cocktail. Especially when it’s loaded with all the fixin’s! They’re my absolute favorite and I mean, they’re not too terrible an obsession, right? They’re one of the healthier mixed drink options. (???)
Also, they have to be the single most fitting drink to enjoy on Halloween – considering the Bloody Mary in the mirror urban myth, the true story of “Bloody” Mary Queen of England, and the fact that this drink looks just a tad like, well… no need make this unappetizing.
This recipe is quick and affordable to make, and it leaves out the Worcestershire sauce, replacing it with soy sauce, so it’s totally vegan friendly!
Screamin’ Bloody Mary
- 5 oz. tomato juice (I used Spicy V8)
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3-5 dashes soy sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice (sneak some right out of the pickle jar!)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pickle, celery, carrot, olives, cheese, sun-dried tomato (all optional, for garnish)
- Simply toss the tomato juice, vodka, soy sauce, hot sauce, pickle juice, and black pepper into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with your choice of treats (mine listed above.)
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, go ahead and mix everything except the ice into a glass and stir. Add the ice and stir again to ensure it’s all cold! Very important – this is a science, you know.
Make a few of these – or hey, make a punch bowl full – for your Halloween guests. Or mix them up the morning after for brunch!