It’s safe to say that we’ve officially kicked off the season of gatherings filled with friends and family and, let’s be honest… food!
What happens, though, when you’re forever struggling to find the time to make a dish to bring to the party or hardly have time to run to the store to pick up a bag of pre-made rolls, let alone whip up an award winning casserole or delectable dessert from scratch?
Fear not! We have the solution for you. This savory spinach and artichoke dip is a staple at our get-togethers – one that is requested we bring time and again. And the best part? It basically makes itself!
Jeremy actually found the recipe for this simple, slow cooker gem years ago here. We usually double the recipe for gatherings of 20 or more.
Let me just warn you now, though… if you’re not a fan of cheese, you need to go find another recipe right away. Because this baby requires so. much. cheese.
Slow Cooker Spinach + Artichoke Dip
Makes about 10-15 servings. | Original recipe here.
- One can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 lb. frozen spinach, thawed and chopped (fresh spinach works, too!)
- 16 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups (one brick) Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups (one brick) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (we always add a little more, since we’re big minced garlic fans!)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Line or grease your slow cooker and turn to high heat.
- Cube cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and mozzarella. Add to slow cooker.
- Drain and chop artichokes. Add to slow cooker.
- Chop and add in spinach.
- Add minced garlic and black pepper.
- Stir well and cover.
- Let cook for 1-1.5 hours, stirring occasionally, until all cheese is melted.
Mmmm. Seriously the best.
If you end up with any spinach and artichoke dip leftovers, get creative and try making a grilled cheese, flatbread, or pasta with them!
What’s your go-to dish to bring to big gatherings?