I think it’s finally safe to say that spring is in full swing in these parts, and I couldn’t be happier about it. We experienced another incredibly mild winter, but these longer days that end with golden sunsets, the smell of rain breezing through the open windows, the sound of chirps and songs and movement in the trees, and all of the little blooms beginning to emerge everywhere definitely serve as a reminder that we were, in fact, stuck in Old Man Winter’s grasp for long enough.
We’re gearing up for a trip and making lots of spring and summer plans lately. Life, as usual, has been moving along quicker than we can keep up.
Here are a few snaps of what our days have looked like around here these past couple of weeks.
1. When I was little, that vegetable planting chart used to hang on the back of my parents’ basement door. Before it ended up there, it lived at my grandparents. I don’t know why, but I spent hours of my childhood staring at it, studying it. My mom gave it to me few weeks ago and I immediately framed it and hung it in our mudroom and it brings me a smile every single time I walk by. / 2. These herbs from last year were nothing but bare little twigs just a few weeks ago. I cut them down and showed them some TLC and they’re back! / 3. I’ve really never planted anything from seed before, so it’s been an exciting month of watching these babies grow. Hoping we have enough garden space, because I think I started enough broccoli, celery, and artichoke to feed a small village for a year!
4. We’ve tried shaking up our Sunday routine recently, getting our errands out of the way earlier in the day so we can have the afternoon and evening to do other things – which often includes squeezing in an occasional nap or two. / 5. The plants are taking over our home office/jungle and I’m okay with it. / 6. Finally paying some attention to our bedroom and love how happy this corner makes me.
7. Found this little guy (and the air plant) at a local shop awhile ago and still haven’t decided if he’s more cute or creepy. / 8. Breaking out the spring dresses. / 9. Pink salt lamps on all of the time.
10. & 11. We’ve really neglected our craft/music room and have rarely spent time in it since moving in, but the past month or so, it’s been one of our favorite spaces to be. Crazy what cleaning up a room and bringing some life to it can do! / 12. I’m starting to realize that the majority of this post is being hijacked by plants. Whoops. / 13. I’ve put up lots of wall shelves over the past few weeks (thanks, 50% off craft store deals!) I was convinced, even just months ago, that I wanted to leave our walls mostly bare, but adding one here and there really makes a world of difference in the best way, I think.
14. I’ve been dreaming of the get-togethers we’ll have in the coming months. Bonfires and spinning records and good food and all of the wine, please! This book is really a feast for the eyes and a great source of inspiration for gatherings. / 15. I’ve tried to make it a point to light candles and turn on string lights in the evenings, to up the hygge factor in our home. And it really does work some magic. / 16. No vase without a flower, I say.
17. & 18. Watching this snugglebug search around for the perfect patch of sun or comfy pillow, plop down upon finding it, and slowly doze off is one of my favorite things about this life.
I hope spring has been treating you well so far, friends!